Thoughts on Thursday: It's my birthday!

Today I turn the big 2-7!   I swear once you have kids the years just fly by that much quicker.  I am not going to lie, I milk my birthday for all it's worth.  It's the one day (or week as I like to drag it out) that is all about me.  Let's be honest mommas, aside from Mother's Day and our birthdays we don't really get that too often.  I can get out of doing chores, getting up early, changing diapers, so yea, I'm going to milk it. (Update: I wrote this yesterday, and today my day started with a 7:30am trip to Wal-Mart with Brady, because we didn't have any milk. So fun..)

Since my birthday last year we have moved into a new house, I took a new job, and celebrated Katelyn's first birthday.  Those are some pretty big life events all in one year.  If I think back to my life plan (am I the only one who planned out her life in her head since I was a little girl?), I think I said I would have my first child when I was 28.  So...I am a little ahead of the game there, but I couldn't be happier with where my life is at this point.  I do feel like we have done SO much in the past 5 years we have been married, and I am looking forward to slowing the pace down just a little bit.  I am so content with life right now.  I love my job, our house, our children.  I would like to make a little goal for Paul and I to dedicate some more time to just the two of us this year.  It is so easy to get caught up in our everyday routine and forget about the initial relationship that made this all happen.  We are starting off on the right foot by taking our anniversary trip at the end of the month!

The summer has almost come to an end which makes me sad.  Other than the fact that I was always one of the youngest of all my friends, I always enjoyed having a birthday at the end of the summer.  It was like the last celebration before school started back.  We have had a great summer, and I really can't believe the kids start school back in just a few weeks. 

I have already had two small birthday celebrations.  One with my in-laws who took us to Bonefish and then Baskin Robbins for icecream, and another with 2 of my best girlfriends. (I told you I'm milkin' it.)







I hope that 27 is even better than 26!

Linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.


Thoughts for Thursday

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You soak it in, girl! Enjoy every moment; I can tell you that 27 was about a million times better than 26 for me, so best of luck to you! Visiting from Thoughts for Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to you, lady!!! And I agree with Brittany above, 27 is WAY better thant 26!! Enjoy your day!!!. Stopping by from Thoughts for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! I say milk it for all it's worth! Birthdays are special! Hope you have a great year ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Stopping by from Thoughts for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I hope your sweet hubby did something special tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milk it!!! Happy belated birthday!! Love the pictures and I hope the day was much smoother after the run for milk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you had a wonderful birthday and birthday weekend!! your family is just the cutest!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips